Earlier this summer, I had the privilege of working alongside the ladies of Second Stories, a new vintage, antique and art marketplace located on Broadway in McCordsville, Indiana. Working with passionate clients is an amazing experience, and during our partnership, we celebrated some exciting accomplishments. Continue reading for specific successes that came as a result of the partnership!
When Second Stories approached me, they were primarily looking for support with local media, in anticipation of their grand opening, and help building their Facebook page. As a small business, they wanted to ensure they selected a social media channel that they would be able to manage into the future, without spreading themselves too thin! I immediately worked with owners Angie and Aimee to determine the identity of their store, which would help guide social media strategy and media relations moving forward. With that context, here are the results of the campaign:
- Facebook growth
- When I assumed access, the Second Stories Facebook page had 65 “likes”. At the end of the campaign the page had reached 351 “likes”, thus marking a 440% increase in fans.
- Actions on the page during the campaign increased by 1000%, totaling, on average, at 33 actions per post.
- Page views during the campaign increased by 487% totaling at 452 views.
- Reach* increased by 3,314% to 10,275 Facebook users. (*All reach was organic.)
- Post engagement increased 1,254% totally at 6,296.
- Messages received increased 92% with a 10:59 average response time. The day of the grand opening, the entire first floor of vendors was full, and the second story space has begun filling.
- Facebook event page metrics
- 3K users were reached by the event page
- 806 users viewed the event page
- 238 users responded to the event page
- Earned media
- A press released was distributed leading up to the grand opening, specifically to local and regional media partners.
Overall, my clients were incredibly pleased with the success of the campaign. The morning of the grand opening, a line of patrons had formed at the door, and the stores was bustling with shoppers all day! The ladies of Second Stories are currently working on developing goals for the next contract.